"A Muslim is the brother of a Muslim - he does not wrong him nor does he forsake him when he is in need; whosoever is fulfilling the needs of his brother, Allah is fulfilling his needs; whosoever removes distress from a believer, Allah removes from him a distress from a distressful aspect of the Day of Resurrection; and whosoever conceals the faults of a Muslim, Allah will conceal his faults on the Day of Resurrection."
Sahih Bukhari and Sahih Muslim
Do you have a few hours time each week to support revert sisters facing difficulties? Would you like to join a unique and innovative grass roots charity? Do you want to use your time wisely seeking the pleasure of Allah (subhanahu wa ta'ala)?
SOLACE UK are now recruiting the following positions:
DEADLINE: 16th March 2014
(Please note all of the roles advertised below are on a voluntary basis, with a possibility of them becoming paid positions at a later stage)
Head of Fundraising - To head the fundraising department, manage a pool of volunteers and devise short and long term fundraising plans for the charity.
Head of Events - To lead a pool of volunteers in planning, managing and hosting events for the promotion of Solace UK.
Head of Practical Support Department - To manage a pool of volunteers in delivering practical support such as household help to Solace service users.
Head of Housing Department - To manage a Housing database and arrange emergency accommodation for homeless Solace service users.
Head of Social Support Department - To manage a range of services and volunteers/staff in providing support for service users who face isolation and loneliness.
Head of Family Department - To manage a range of services and volunteers/staff in providing support for service users in the areas of marriage, parenting, and managing relationships with non muslim family members.
Successful applicants will be required to attend 4 days of training. (9.30am to 5.30pm on two consecutive weekends in May 2014)
Recruitment Procedure (applicable only to support worker role)
1. To familiarise yourself with SOLACE and the Support Scheme Service, you may wish to read the following:
Support worker Testimonial
2. Please read the following Role Descriptions and decide which role you would like to apply for:
KEYWORKERS (MUST RESIDE IN LONDON ONLY)
SUPPORT WORKERS (MUST BE ABLE TO ATTEND TRAINING IN LONDON)
4. If your application is successful, you will be contacted by a member of SOLACE by telephone for a short telephone interview.
5. If you are successful in the initial telephone interview, you will be invited to a face to face informal panel interview in London.
6. If you are successful, you will be expected to attend four days of training (9.30am to 5.30pm) which will take place on two consecutive weekends in May 2014.
WhAT is THE SUPPORT SCHEME SERVICE?
SOLACE UK has established a very structured and clear service which aims to provide support to revert sisters in difficulty. Our Support Scheme service is very unique in that it provides each revert sister with a fully trained support worker and keyworker for one to one support. During this support, an initial assessment is carried out which outlines what the revert sister's current problems are and where she would like to be. From this, an individualised support plan is established. Read more..
What will SOLACE offer you as a volunteer?
SOLACE has designed a very thorough process in not only looking after revert sisters, but also our beloved volunteers.
We will offer you:
- the chance for reward from Allah (subhanahuwata’ala)
- the satisfaction of helping revert sisters in difficulty
- professional training in skills that you can use in other situations
- SOLACE internal rewards such as volunteer socials