"A Muslim is the brother of a Muslim - he does not wrong him nor does he forsake him when he is in need; whosoever is fulfilling the needs of his brother, Allah is fulfilling his needs; whosoever removes distress from a believer, Allah removes from him a distress from a distressful aspect of the Day of Resurrection; and whosoever conceals the faults of a Muslim, Allah will conceal his faults on the Day of Resurrection."
Sahih Bukhari and Sahih Muslim
Do you have a few hours time each week to support revert sisters facing difficulties? Would you like to join a unique and innovative grass roots charity? Do you want to use your time wisely seeking the pleasure of Allah (subhanahu wa ta'ala)?
1. To familiarise yourself with SOLACE and the Support Scheme Service, you may wish to read the following:
2. Please read the following Role Description before deciding to apply:
SUPPORT WORKERS (MUST BE ABLE TO ATTEND INTERVIEW AND TRAINING IN THE MIDLANDS/NETHERLANDS)
4. If your application is successful, you will be contacted by a member of SOLACE by telephone for a short pre-telephone interview.
5. If you are successful in the initial telephone interview, you will be invited to a face to face informal panel interview in London.
6. If you are successful, you will be expected to attend four days of training (9.30am to 5.30pm) which will take place on two consecutive weekends.
WhAT is THE SUPPORT SCHEME SERVICE?
SOLACE UK has established a very structured and clear service which aims to provide support to revert sisters in difficulty. Our Support Scheme service is very unique in that it provides each revert sister with a fully trained support worker and keyworker for one to one support. During this support, an initial assessment is carried out which outlines what the revert sister's current problems are and where she would like to be. From this, an individualised support plan is established. Read more..
What will SOLACE offer you as a volunteer?
SOLACE has designed a very thorough process in not only looking after revert sisters, but also our beloved volunteers.
We will offer you:
- the chance for reward from Allah (subhanahuwata’ala)
- the satisfaction of helping revert sisters in difficulty
- professional training in skills that you can use in other situations
- SOLACE internal rewards such as volunteer socials