Solace was set up in 2010 by a group of women who were concerned about the difficulties facing revert women both in the short and long term and their variety of needs. Recognising the need for an organisation with the aim of supporting revert women through their various difficulties led to the creation of Solace.
We are a group of women serving other women. If you’d like to join our team, apply to the vacancies below, or volunteer!
Vacancies at Solace
Introduction and Background:
Solace seeks an experienced fundraising consultant to lead our upcoming Ramadan campaign. We are looking for a consultant who can take end-to-end ownership of this campaign, from inception to execution.
Recognizing the significance of the holy month of Ramadan, a period of giving and reflection, our charity aims to tap into this spirit of generosity to advance our cause and further our mission.
The fundraising consultant will:
- Develop and oversee the execution of a focused Ramadan fundraising campaign.
- Engage with the Muslim community and beyond to raise awareness and financial support for our cause.
- Create a compelling campaign that aligns with Solace’s mission, the values of Ramadan and resonates with potential donors.
- Set clear fundraising targets for the campaign and ensure they are met.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement fundraising campaigns, including online and in person community events.
- In cooperation with the Marketing coordinator, create compelling fundraising materials.
- Monitor campaign progress, evaluate outcomes, and adjust strategies as needed to achieve fundraising targets.
Scope of Work:
- Needs Assessment: Understand Solace’s current positioning, donor base, and financial needs to tailor the campaign.
- Campaign Design: Create a comprehensive Ramadan fundraising campaign plan.
- Stakeholder Engagement: Connect with mosques, community centers, influencers, and other potential partners to rally support for the campaign.
- Digital Strategy: Develop a digital fundraising strategy that includes social media campaigns, emails, ads etc. and collaborate with the marketing team to implement it.
- Event Planning: Collaborate with our events coordinator to organize fundraising events or iftars to foster community involvement and donations.
- Monitoring & Reporting: Track the campaign’s progress, provide regular updates , and adjust the strategy if needed to meet the fundraising targets.
- Post-Campaign Evaluation: After Ramadan, provide a detailed report on the campaign’s performance, lessons learned, and recommendations for future campaigns.
- A comprehensive Ramadan fundraising campaign plan.
- Promotional materials for the campaign (digital and print) to be produced jointly with the Marketing Department.
- A digital fundraising strategy with clear KPIs.
- Regular progress reports.
- Raising more than 75% of our yearly needs of unrestricted funds.
- A post-campaign evaluation report.
Duration and Timeline:
The consultant will be engaged for four months starting from December 15th, 2023 to April 15th, 2024.
The envisaged timeline is:
- Month 1: Needs assessment, preliminary groundwork, and campaign conceptualization.
- Month 2: Finalizing campaign blueprint, initiating stakeholder engagement, and preparing for the campaign launch.
- Month 3: Official campaign launch, ongoing execution, and active management.
- Month 4: Campaign winding down, primary reporting, and post-campaign full report.
- Proven experience in leading successful fundraising campaigns, preferably in a context relevant to Ramadan.
- Strong connections within the Muslim community and understanding of the cultural and religious significance of Ramadan for the UK Muslim community.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with Solace’s team.
How To Apply:
Interested consultants are invited to submit a CV or portfolio showcasing previous fundraising campaigns and a cover letter.
Applications should be sent to [email protected] by November 30th.
Details regarding consultancy fees will be discussed during the interview process to ensure a transparent and mutually beneficial arrangement.
To get notified about vacancies, subscribe to Announcements below.