Solace was set up in 2010 by a group of women who were concerned about the difficulties facing revert sisters both in the short and long term, and their variety of needs. Whilst there are many organisations within the United Kingdom catering for the educational and Islamic needs of revert sisters, there appeared to be a lack of support and provision of services catering specifically for the holistic needs of revert sisters. Recognising the need for an organisation with the aim of supporting revert sisters through their various difficulties led to the creation of Solace.
Solace launched in January 2011 and became a registered charity in 2012.
Solace is a charity that provides a range of services for revert sisters in difficulty, regardless of whether they have been Muslim for 2 weeks or even 20 years; it supports them when they are going through life’s problems alone, suffering in silence, or even no longer enjoying their Islam.
In 2016, we established a branch in the Midlands and in 2017 our first international branch in the Netherlands began operation.
Though a UK based charity, we have received requests for support from revert sisters worldwide which demonstrates the need for the expansion of Solace. Support us to reach our vision of a worldwide network of Solace.
- To encourage revert sisters to empower themselves to manage their lives, emotions and relationships with confidence and vision.
- To enable sisters to explore their faith in an open and engaging environment, and establish firm foundations in Islam.
- To create community awareness of the issues that revert sisters face and offer practical solutions.
- Provide training for volunteers and staff, equipping them with the knowledge and support skills required to meet the diverse needs of revert sisters.
- Liaise with a range of diverse supportive services to enable revert sisters to receive specialist support.
- Provide faith based support through carefully designed services.
- Develop comprehensive programs that educate the wider community on how to develop and improve their support to revert sisters.
- Provide a safe space for revert sisters to discuss their difficulties in a supportive and confidential environment.
My SW was very polite and tried her best to deal with me and speak to me whenever we were both available. The goal setting was really good because it made my mind focus. Beneficial service was definitely received. I found the goal setting really beneficial as it helped me keep perspective and gave me an aim to work towards. The support has helped me to understand why I lost a child and it brought me back to being stronger and closer to Allah. The main difference it has made in my life is t... Read moreAnonymous
Prior to receiving support from Solace, I was at breaking point in both my personal & spiritual life. After being Muslim for almost 7 years, I began to question if becoming Muslim was the right decision & if Allaah even existed. Since the very beginning of my Islaam I have been through really turbulent times and life changing events including two failed marriages which were both violent and abusive, financial hardship which almost rendered me homeless, abuse from my family and now being ... Read moreAnonymous
Alhamdulilah for Solace, it is a much needed service for revert sisters. May Allah (swt) reward all the Solace sisters’ efforts for providing such genuine support in the Ummah. I reverted to Islam many, many years ago. I approached Solace as I felt I was 95% ready to walk away from Islam, my deen was getting weaker by the day. I ‘looked’ the part but my heart was getting emptier by the day too. The remaining 5% feeling of ‘just’ checking where I was with my deen must have bee... Read moreAnonymous