Solace was set up in 2010 by a group of women who were concerned about the difficulties facing revert sisters both in the short and long term, and their variety of needs. Whilst there are many organisations within the United Kingdom catering for the educational and Islamic needs of revert sisters, there appeared to be a lack of support and provision of services catering specifically for the holistic needs of revert sisters. Recognising the need for an organisation with the aim of supporting revert sisters through their various difficulties led to the creation of Solace.
Solace launched in January 2011 and became a registered charity in 2012.
Solace is a charity that provides a range of services for revert sisters in difficulty, regardless of whether they have been Muslim for 2 weeks or even 20 years; it supports them when they are going through life’s problems alone, suffering in silence, or even no longer enjoying their Islam.
In 2016, we established a branch in the Midlands and in 2017 our first international branch in the Netherlands began operation.
Though a UK based charity, we have received requests for support from revert sisters worldwide which demonstrates the need for the expansion of Solace. Support us to reach our vision of a worldwide network of Solace.
- To encourage revert sisters to empower themselves to manage their lives, emotions and relationships with confidence and vision.
- To enable sisters to explore their faith in an open and engaging environment, and establish firm foundations in Islam.
- To create community awareness of the issues that revert sisters face and offer practical solutions.
- Provide training for volunteers and staff, equipping them with the knowledge and support skills required to meet the diverse needs of revert sisters.
- Liaise with a range of diverse supportive services to enable revert sisters to receive specialist support.
- Provide faith based support through carefully designed services.
- Develop comprehensive programs that educate the wider community on how to develop and improve their support to revert sisters.
- Provide a safe space for revert sisters to discuss their difficulties in a supportive and confidential environment.
I have come a long way by the mercy of Allah. I feel I'll be able to stand on my feet without our mentoring sessions although I will miss them. I trust in Allah to strengthen me and my imaan will continue to rise along with my current affairs. Once again jazakAllah khayr for all your support. Although we didn't get to meet I pray Allah can give you success in your affairs always. Ameen.Anonymous
I came across Solace during an absolute crisis point in my life. I was completely homeless on the street. Solace helped me immediately after I contacted them. I sent photos and screen shots of documents to Solace over whatsap to verify my situation and over a few hours I was helped! They paid for me to go stay at a hotel and I was just so grateful I didn't have to sleep on the street that night. That night I was finally able to have a wash, collect my thoughts, and calm down from the calamity... Read moreAnonymous
Alhamdulilah for Solace, it is a much needed service for revert sisters. May Allah (swt) reward all the Solace sisters’ efforts for providing such genuine support in the Ummah. I reverted to Islam many, many years ago. I approached Solace as I felt I was 95% ready to walk away from Islam, my deen was getting weaker by the day. I ‘looked’ the part but my heart was getting emptier by the day too. The remaining 5% feeling of ‘just’ checking where I was with my deen must have bee... Read moreAnonymous