For the past 7 years Solace has provided support to over 1000 revert sisters from all over the world via its Support Scheme service.
The Support Scheme provides support to revert sisters experiencing the following problems:
- Abandonment by non-Muslim relatives upon entering Islam
- Isolation and loneliness
- Homelessness due to reversion
- Emotional and physical abuse
- Marital problems
- Difficulties making changes such as wearing hijab, informing non-Muslim relatives of reversion
- Doubts in faith and thoughts of leaving Islam
What is the Support Scheme service?
SOLACE UK has established a very structured and clear service which aims to provide support to revert sisters in difficulty. Our Support Scheme service is very unique in that it provides each revert sister with a fully trained support worker for one to one support.
During this support, an initial assessment is carried out which outlines what the revert sister’s current problems are and where she would like to be. From this, an individualised support plan is established.
The support is structured and person centred with the following aims:
- Supporting the revert sister with her current problems
- Providing her with the tools she needs to move towards where she would like to be, thus empowering her
- By practically and emotionally supporting her, SOLACE then aims to help her re-establish herself upon Islam – with the hope of each revert sister experiencing the zeal, love and passion she once experienced upon entering Islam
What types of support are available through the Support Scheme service?
- Mediation service for service users experiencing difficulties with non-Muslim relatives
- Emotional support for service users who feel down due to strained relationships with non-Muslim relatives
- Help in improving social network
- Emergency temporary accommodation for those who are homeless as a result of reversion
- Counselling for victims of emotional and physical abuse
- Helping service users work through their marital problems
- Step by step action plans for service users who are finding it difficult to adopt Islamic practises such as wearing hijab, praying 5 times a day, fasting through Ramadan
- Emergency support for revert sisters who have doubts in their faith as well as thoughts of wishing to leave Islam
In addition to our core support service, we provide sisters with services and are designing new services in the following areas:
This is a combination of my reflections from my diary after I finished working with F and my recent reflections. I had very low expectations of Solace. I presumed that they would not want to work with me. When I met F for the first time I presumed that she wouldn't like me and I presumed that we wouldn't get on together at all. Happy to say that I was wrong about that! It took me a while to work out in my head the relationship that I had with F. I came to the conclusion that she was a co... Read moreAnonymous
I truly appreciate all the advice and emotional you have given me over this past year. Words cannot explain how grateful I am as you were there for me when I needed it most. My journey ahead will not be easy but I have the mindset to get through it with Allah's help. I believe I can.Anonymous
I have come a long way by the mercy of Allah. I feel I'll be able to stand on my feet without our mentoring sessions although I will miss them. I trust in Allah to strengthen me and my imaan will continue to rise along with my current affairs. Once again jazakAllah khayr for all your support. Although we didn't get to meet I pray Allah can give you success in your affairs always. Ameen.Anonymous