Solace UK, and the women we seek to help, are dependent on the generosity of our supporters as well as the goodwill and trust of the public. We are therefore committed to protecting any personal information we obtain about you, whether you are just visiting our website or are a donor, volunteer, campaigner or beneficiary.
By using this site, you consent to the collection and use of information as outlined.
What information is collected about me?
- When you visit our site to make a donation or provide consent to receive information about any of our events or online content, such as newsletters, blog posts, or you telephone, email, write to or text Solace UK, or engage via social media channels, we may receive and retain personal information about you. This can consist of information such as your name, email address, postal address, telephone or mobile number, bank account details to process donations and whether or not you are a tax payer so that we can claim Gift Aid.
- By consenting and submitting your details, you enable us to raise funds and to provide you with the services, information, activities or online content you select.
- In order to enable us to receive your kind donation, we have to provide your identity and payment method details to one of three merchant services providers which we have carefully selected to process your kind donation in a cost-effective and safe manner. They are PayPal, Stripe and JustGiving. These Merchant Services Providers are Joint Controllers in respect of your personal information that we send to them. The Merchant Services Providers listed above will contact you with a similar notice to this one, explaining clearly what they will do with your personal information in order to process your kind donation.
- In certain instances, we collect and use your personal information by relying on the legitimate interest legal basis. This is because when you, for example, request to receive services from Solace UK, we have a legitimate organisational interest to use your personal information to respond to you and there is no overriding prejudice to you by using your personal information for this purpose.
- If you actively provide your consent to us along with your email address and/or mobile phone number, we may contact you for marketing purposes by email or text message. By opting in, you grant us the right to contact you for marketing purposes.
How will you use my information?
- We use your personal information to give you the information, support, services, or products you ask for.
- We use your information to gain a full understanding of your situation so we can develop and offer you the best possible personalised services.
- We use your information for service administration purposes, which means that we may contact you for reasons related to donations you have made such as your tax status with regard to Gift Aid, the completion of commercial or other transactions you have entered into with Solace UK or the activity or online content you have signed up to.
- We may use your information to send you communications about our work and how you can help us to help you, for example, information about our campaigns and activities.
- We may combine your information with other information (for example, from public records or on social media) and create a profile of your interests and preferences. We do this to help us determine whether and in what ways you might be interested in helping us or getting involved in our activities.
- We use your personal information to look into and respond to complaints or other issues.
Some non-personally identifiable information may also be used for the following purposes
(a) Marketing statistical analysis
(b) Customer admin and support
(c) Technical admin
Will my information be used for marketing purposes?
We will only contact you for marketing purposes where you have provided us with freely given consent to do so. You can let us know if you would prefer not to receive these communications at any time by emailing email@example.com or calling us on 07985641080.
Who will you share my personal data with?
Solace UK does not sell, give, transfer or otherwise use your personal data other than for the purposes mentioned in this policy as well as in the following areas:
- To suppliers or service providers only to provide the products or services you’ve requested from us.
- To trusted third parties who work with us in connection with our charitable purposes, to provide Solace updates and marketing information (subject to your communication preferences and our internal policies and procedures).
- We require these third parties to comply strictly with our instructions and data protection laws and we will make sure that appropriate controls are in place.
- Where we are under a duty to disclose your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies), or in order to enforce or apply our rights (including in relation to our website or other applicable terms and conditions) or to protect Solace, for example in cases of suspected fraud or defamation.
In operating our website it may become necessary to transfer data that we collect from you to locations outside of the European Union for processing and storing. By providing your personal data to us, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We do our utmost to ensure that all reasonable steps are taken to make sure that your data is treated and stored securely.
Unfortunately the sending of information via the internet is not totally secure and on occasion such information can be intercepted. We cannot guarantee the security of data that you choose to send us electronically. Sending such information is entirely at your own risk.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small files saved to the user’s computers hard drive that track, save and store information about the user’s interactions and usage of the website. This allows the website, through its server to provide the users with a tailored experience within this website.
Users are advised that if they wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from this website on to their computers hard drive they should take necessary steps within their web browsers security settings to block all cookies from this website and its external serving vendors or use the cookie control system if available upon their first visit.
Website Visitor Tracking
This website uses tracking software to monitor its visitors to better understand how they use it. The software will save a cookie to your computers hard drive in order to track and monitor your engagement and usage of the website, but will not store, save or collect personal information.
Adverts and Sponsored Links
This website may contain sponsored links and adverts. These will typically be served through our advertising partners, to whom may have detailed privacy policies relating directly to the adverts they serve.
What are my rights?
- Your rights in respect of our processing of your personal data. These are:
- The right to request from Solace UK a copy of your personal information as it is held by us. There is normally no charge for us doing this.
- The right to request Solace UK to correct any errors in the personal information that we hold about you. We may request some evidence to confirm that an error has been made.
- The right to ask Solace UK to erase any personal data that Solace UK holds on you (although that right does not apply where Solace UK has a legal obligation to retain it).
- The right to ask Solace UK to restrict (suspend) processing of your personal data.
- The right to object to Solace UK processing of your personal data under certain circumstances.
- The right to ask Solace UK to provide a copy of the personal data that were obtained from you in a portable machine-readable format and to ask us to send that copy to another data controller.
- Where you have given your consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. If you do this, the withdrawal of consent does not affect Solace UK’s legal obligation to retain certain information such as for the purpose of keeping taxation records and it does not act retrospectively.
- The right to complain to a supervisory authority (regulator). Solace UK invites you to make any complaint directly to the Data Processing Manager in the first instance but you have the right to complain to the regulator at any time. In the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland the supervisory authority (regulator) is the Information Commissioner and the contact details are here: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
- Where you have given your consent to Solace UK sending you information from time to time about events, publications, seminars and courses that may be of interest to you, you have the right to tell us not do do this.
What if I want to change, update, or delete my personal information?
Where you have provided your consent for our use of your personal information, you always have a right to withdraw your consent at any time.
It is always your choice as to whether you want to receive information about our work and the ways you can get involved. If you do not want us to use your personal information in these ways, please indicate your preferences on the form on which we collect your personal information.
We will not use your personal information for marketing purposes if you have indicated that you do not wish to be contacted by us for such purposes.
You can opt-out of receiving direct information from us at any time. Simply contact firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know of your updated communication preferences or call 0795641080.
Will this policy change?
This policy was last updated April 2018.