Walk With Her 2023: 7 Bridges
Walk With Her: 7 Bridges is a 5-mile Charity Night Walk on Saturday, 13th January 2024 in London to support revert women who are going through difficulty.
In support of the humanitarian crisis in Gaza, 50% of funds raised from the walk will go towards relief efforts in Gaza through the following charities: Islamic relief, Human relief foundation, Save the children and Red Cross. Hence, your participation will not only provide support to revert women but will also contribute towards immediate relief to the people in Gaza, making a difference on a global scale.
The walk starts at Westminster Pier – Westminster Bridge – Waterloo Bridge – Blackfriars Bridge – Millennium Bridge – Southwark Bridge – London Bridge – Tower Bridge – end at the south side of Tower Bridge.
Bring your family and friends, or register solo, and walk with her and the community across the seven (7) notable bridges in London to support and celebrate her, and raise awareness about her and her struggles.
📍 What is the distance of the walk route?
The walking route is 5 miles.
⌛ How long are we walking?
We are walking for 2.5 hours.
🗓 When is the walk?
We are walking on Saturday, 13th January 2024, from 5:30 to 9pm.
🚶♂️Who is the walk for?
This event is open to men, women and children.
The walk route is not suitable for kids under the age of 7 and no more than three (3) children under the age of 10 are allowed per adult. Babies and toddlers in buggies do not need to fundraise.
🎯 What is the fundraising target?
The fundraising goal is £150 for individuals. Families and groups can select from a range of goals starting £300. By joining the challenge and raising your target, you can:
- Support at least 15 revert women in difficulty through our 1:1 Support Service. The higher the target, the more revert women you can help and support!
- Provide immediate relief to people of Gaza. In support of the humanitarian crisis in Gaza, 50% of the proceeds from the walk through the following charities: Islamic Relief, Human Relief Foundation, Save the Children, and Red Cross.
- Take part in a physically engaging activity with your community, and put your legs to work for a good cause!
- Raise awareness about Solace and our work, thereby allowing us to reach and help more people.
- Enjoy the scenic views of London at night, with leisure walks on the riverside, while investing in your akhirah!
- Become an active part of the community who are supporting revert women beyond the shahada.
- Walk with and alongside her — revert women in difficulty, and show her she’s not alone.
Assallamu Walaykum dear sisters, well done to everyone for completing the walk and supporting our revert sisters 👏🏼 when communities come together amazing things really do happen! Jazakallah khairan to everyone at the Solace team who organised this, May Allah carry this charity to more success and reward you all of your efforts and time that you dedicated to this. Ameen 🧡🧡
Registration fees cover the cost of a walk pack and food bag per person and will allow us to cover the costs of running the event, keeping the funds you raised as 100% donations. Please note that we do not offer refunds for this event.
Frequently Asked Questions
How does this work?
Here’s the process in a nutshell:
- Sign up via the form above.
- Solace UK receives your registration and creates a fundraising page for you. We will send it to you via email and text.
- You fundraise and work towards reaching your target until 31st January, to provide much needed support for revert women in difficulty.
- You walk with the community on 13th January 2024 to raise awareness!
Where can I park close to the starting point?
We have located the best parking for walkers:
Great College Street
London SW1P 3RX
(Underground car park with over 200 spaces, 13 minute walk to Westminster Pier, £9.50 per hour. Open 24/7)
How old should I be to join the walk?
Children ages 7+ can join the event, however, if you are under 18, you would need to be accompanied by a parent or guardian. We encourage minors to join the event with their guardians as a family!
Can brothers join?
Absolutely! Walk With Her is for brothers and sisters.
Can I join with my children?
We encourage participants to join with their families, and the event is suitable for families with children aged 7+. The walk route is not suitable for kids below the age of 7 and no more than three (3) children under the age of 10 are allowed per adult.
Buggies are allowed. All adults are responsible for their own children.
How much should I raise?
The fundraising goal is £150 for individuals. Families and groups can select from a range of goals starting £300. You can raise more if you prefer. Whatever amount you choose, we know it’ll be easily achievable with the aid of Allah, your sincerity and commitment, and our support, inshaAllah!
Where do raised funds go?
The funds raised for this event go towards supporting revert women who are struggling to make ends meet for themselves and their kids, sisters who are suffering from physical, emotional, mental and financial abuse, sisters who are having difficulty practising Islam, and more.
With a minimum target of £150, you can help as many as 15 revert women through our 1:1 Support Service.
For this walk, 50% of the proceeds will go towards humanitarian relief efforts in Gaza to provide immediate, much-needed support.
Is there a registration fee?
The registration fee for each person is £10.
Registration fees cover the cost of a walk pack and food bag per person and will allow us to cover the costs of running the event, keeping the funds you raised as 100% donations.
Do I need to be in London to join this event?
To join the walk, you need to be in London on the day of the event, but if you can’t be there, don’t fret and sign up below to get notified when we launch this event for you!
I'm a revert, can I join?
Do I need to register with a revert?
It is not required to join, however, if you know a revert, please bring her along!
For enquiries and other events-related concerns, please get in touch with [email protected]